A pinch of

23:27
1

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all the Stylish Soulsters

It's that time again...end of year lists. Some of us love them,others love to hate them but we cannot do without them.

9+1 favourite albums of 2013:

1.Alison Moyet - The Minutes 2.Arcade Fire - Reflektor 3.Cosmic Cowboys - Zero Gravity Love 4.Daft Punk - Random Access Memories 5.David Bowie - The Next Day 6.Disclosure - Settle 7.Janelle Monae - The Electric Lady 8.London Grammar - If You Wait 9.V V Brown - Samson & Delilah

Standing pretty at the top: 10.Goldfrapp - Tales Of Us (The videoclip for the lead single Drew is a masterpiece). Every song on this CD took me on a journey revisiting places,faces and moments of days gone by.I laughed,I cried and even felt anger rushing through my veins.I relived disappointments and at times I contently gave myself a pat on the back.Such is the strength of real music.It awakens memories,it evokes raw emotion and I dare to say it offers insight as well.Thank you Alison Goldfrapp for sharing your book of tales with me.
and wait!! one more!! 11. Biologik - Winter (Original Mix)
"I was at the club" Top 5 favourites:
1.Booka Shade - Chateau Rouge (Original Mix) 2.Butch feat. Benjamin Franklin - Highbeams (Maceo Plex Remix) 3.John Tejada - Somewhere (Original Mix) 4.Romanthony - Let Me Show You Love (Gavin Herlihy & Laura JonesRemix)

5.ROCCO - TBT3

Favourite track this year: Royksopp feat.Susanne Sundfor - Running to the Sea (Pachanga Boys Remix)
Kostas Kaltsas (Mr. CeeKay) I bought my first vinyl record at the age of 11 mid-70's and half a lifetime down the line I am still buying (legally downloading) music.Times have certainly changed but one thing remains constant...the passion for pure music. From the humble beginnings of a municipal radio station in Sydney Australia to the bars in Nafpaktos and Athens Greece it has always been about the power of a melody,the strength of heartfelt lyrics and an endless desire to express myself. In other words,the three beacons that are my never-ending RESOLUTION,my quiet REVOLUTION,my quest for EVOLUTION.

1 comments:

  1. Biologik - Winter is from the studio album Two.....late arrival

    ReplyDelete

Attention

Unless otherwise specified, some photos posted in here do not belong to A Pinch of Soul and Style. If you own copyright to an image on this blog and would like recognition or removal, please contact us!