A pinch of

08:52
1


As my Dad told me shortly after I got out of a mentally abusive marriage; "It's hard when the abuse doesn't leave scars on the outside. It's confusing because you can't see it." That doesn't make the abuse any less real and damaging. Anon

 There is also brainwashing and manipulation involved as well. A never ending cycle of mean and then nice and mean and then nice. Took me 5 years but I'm glad I got away from my situation. If you're not happy, leave period. Anon





Nagging is no reason to hit a woman. If she's verbally abusive or you can't take her nagging, leave her, don't beat her. No excuse. Absolutely none. Anon

 Wow. I lived that scene. Except he smashed my head into a wall until I passed out then kicked me in the ribs repeatedly. Fast forward a few years. His family is wealthy and they lawyered up. I pay him child support now. They will be 18 in five months. Hopefully I will be rid of him then. Anon

 1 in 4 women has experienced domestic violence in her lifetime. Anon    


"Domestic violence and abuse are used for one purpose and one purpose only: to gain and maintain total control over you. An abuser doesn't "play fair." Abusers use fear, guilt, shame, and intimidation to wear you down and keep you under his or her thumb. Your abuser may also threaten you, hurt you, or hurt those around you." Anon


Here are 6 signs of domestic abuse:


  1. An imbalance of power and control.
  2. Intense jealousy.
  3. Isolation.
  4. Poor or strange appearance,
  5. Abusers cycling behaviors or explosive behavior.
  6. Feels like the victim is walking on egg shells until the abuser explodes and abuses again
source: http://familyshare.com/

            She Wants To Look Like Her Mom. 




Source http://www.upworthy.com/


1 comments:

  1. Ένα άρθρο με πολλές αλήθειες... δυστυχώς!!!

    ReplyDelete

Attention

Unless otherwise specified, some photos posted in here do not belong to A Pinch of Soul and Style. If you own copyright to an image on this blog and would like recognition or removal, please contact us!