A pinch of

00:06
0

DOUSK & JMP 

Tequila shots with Dousk & Jmp  and Fifteen questions unplugged.. We kept it cool and reserved, and enjoyed it.. I mean, we tried..After all this is my family and I love them. And they love me back.. To pieces.










Connecting the dots between experience and flare. Dousk already being an established producer of quality house & techno tunes, JMP being a long time host of one of the most popular dance music radio shows in Greece.
This collab is all about expanding reach and blending house music with stuff people can relate with, either by reinventing well known classics or making brand new ones, ready to fit your deep/tech/prog house set like a glove.
As a relative newcomer to the music making scene, JMP has already made waves with his creations, earning him gigs outside his country in world-class clubs such as Cocoon (Frankfurt) and others. Dousk on the other hand has frequent chart appearances and his tracks have been spun by pretty much every world renown house/techno DJ, his music featured in diverse places such as the MTV music awards and hit TV shows CSI, My Name is Earl & Doctor Who.
If you're looking for crowd movers, this duo will deliver.

Dousk :

 1.How did it all begin?

 It began in September.

 2.What artists influenced you growing up?

 So many yet so few. Let's just say stuff from 60's to 80's

 3.What are some of your favorite places to perform?

 Argentina/Australia/Japan, people sure know how to throw a party in these countries.

 4.What would we be surprised to find on your iPod?

Hell I would be surprised if you actually found an iPod! My iPad though has some PANTyRAiD and some Rush inside.

 5. If I weren't talking to you right now I'd be... 

Trying to remix on blown deadlines.

  6.A phrase I use far too often is.

.. Phrase? No. Word? Yes! It's 'LOL' outloud and I'm not even laughing

 7. I wish people would take more notice of...

 How about less notice? ..of other people.

 8.The most surprising thing that happened to me was...

 ..running out of printer paper when I was sure I had extra... Somewhere.

 9. A common misperception of me is... 

..that I'm not what I seem to be.

 10. I am not a politician but... 

..give me all your money.

 11. I am very good at...

 ..performing above average at new stuff.

 12. I am very bad at..

 ..remembering.

 13. The best age to be.. 

 Definitely 28. After that feel free to swallow your ID.

 14. In a nutshell, my philosophy is this:

Enjoy life without harming others.

 15. Some of my hobbies are:
 Videogames, Kickboxing and making fun of greek DJs.



 JMP :


 1.How did it all begin?

 Saw Sasha & Digweed djing almost 15 years ago, I loved the way they were mixing, and then I met Dousk.. :)

 2.What artists influenced you growing up?

So many..especially from the 80's & 90's.

3.What are some of your favorite places to perform? 

Cocoon in Frankfurt is a place to remember, and of course cities in Greece where I find people that love dance music, like Nafpaktos.

4.What would we be surprised to find on your iPod?

 hmmm.. I don't have music on my ipod.. (yes it's true)

 5. If I weren't talking to you right now I'd be...

 Trying to create new sounds at the studio, or lunching somewhere, because I'm mr. Gastronome as my friends call me.

 6.A phrase I use far too often is...

 as friends say.."full support", hahahaha

 7. I wish people would take more notice of...

Creating their own character, reading more about scientific stuff, not spending their entire life on social media. There are so many things to do out there..

 8.The most surprising thing that happened to me was...

 ..When Dousk came at a gig where we were dj-ing together and he forgot to bring all his dj stuff.. (he's gonna kill me for saying this) :)  I think he just wanted to have some tequila shots and dance to my music.. haha!!

 9. A common misperception of me is...

 hmmm..that I'm always late on my appointments..

 10. I am not a politician but...

..I don't like politicians.

 11. I am very good at...

 ..Eating junk food.

 12. I am very bad at...

 ..being punctual on my dates and deadlines.

 13. The best age to be

 The age that you feel you are more creative.

 14. In a nutshell, my philosophy is this:

 same as John's :Enjoy life without harming others

15. Some of my hobbies are: Reading.. and getting you drunk!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Attention

Unless otherwise specified, some photos posted in here do not belong to A Pinch of Soul and Style. If you own copyright to an image on this blog and would like recognition or removal, please contact us!